One of the best ways to get a fit and trim abdomen is through fat-burning exercises like 6 pack abs workout routines and a low-calorie diet. Who wish to have a desirable abdomen needs to select the right 6 pack abs workouts.
There are different types of 6 pack abs workout for men such as bicycle crunch, long arm crunch, exercise ball, leg raise, ab wheel, reverse crunch, etc. These exercises help to build and strengthen your abdominal area and also provide the look you want.
Here are some 6 pack abs workouts for men:
This is an effective abs exercise that strengthens the rectus abdomen muscles.
- First lie down on the floor and press your lower back to the ground.
- With your hands gently hold your head and lift your knees about a 45-degree angle.
- Slowly start a bicycle pedal motion.
- At the same time, touch your elbows to the opposite knee when you turn forwards and backwards.
- Continue alternating sides in a pedal motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
- Breathe evenly throughout the exercise.
Long Arm Crunch:
The long arm crunch is an abdominal exercise, which helps to flatten your belly fat and effectively tone your abdominal muscles.
- Lay on the floor with your back and extend your arm over your head.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your arms straight upward in the air and hold the hands together directly over the head.
- Lift your shoulder off the floor for few seconds and slowly come to the initial position.
- Repeat for 12-16 reps.
Exercising with a large air filled ball will help you to tone your muscles and improve your stability and flexibility.
- Lie on your lower back on the exercise ball and put your hands behind your ears.
- Move your shoulder blades up and down after a short pause.
- Repeat this for 6-8 times.
Leg raise is one of the best 6 pack abs workouts for men that help to strengthen your abdominal and core muscles. Leg raises also increase the flexibility, agility and strength of your hip flexors.
- Leg raises can be performed while lying on the floor.
- Place your hands under your buttocks and hands facing the floor.
- Raise your leg slowly from the floor and keep your legs straight for few seconds.
- Then slowly lower your legs back to the normal position.
- Exhale when you lift your leg and inhale when you recover back down.
- Repeat this until you become tired.
Victoria Armstrong, Author of this article writes for www.themenshealthblog.com. Mens Health blog provides you an exclusive information on men's health fitness, health, relationships, nutrition, weight loss and muscle building. You can also find information on various men’s health topics like prostate cancer, men’s sexual health, etc..