Eating is certainly one of man’s ultimate pleasures. It goes beyond pure instinct and necessity – as it becomes a way of life. This process has both the capacity to improve or hamper overall health depending on what you eat. You are what you eat – this goes beyond cliché. Over the long haul, your choice of meal plans can affect your brain functions, immune system, cholesterol levels, glucose levels, weight, cardiovascular health, and emotional functions; to name a few. Your meal platter and food choices – along with genetic predisposition – will definitely reveal your current and future state of health.
It has been projected that roughly around half percentage of health predicaments that people of old age experience can be directly attributed to level of nutrition and food intake they had when they were at their prime. Small changes can trigger ripples of beneficial results to a person’s overall health. Certain lifestyle diseases can be avoided or improved with gradual adjustments to an unhealthy state of life. Eating a well-balanced meal, maintaining daily workout regimen, avoiding liquors and cigarette smoking, getting enough rest and sleep, and proper hydration can go a long way to achieving optimum health in no time.
The ideal healthy meal plan should be low in fat and high in fiber. This should also be low in glycemic index (GI) levels which you can easily check on the nutrition diet facts label when you are grocery shopping. Learning to strike that healthy balance and going for complex carbohydrates can give you that edge in nutrition. A healthy meal plan should strike a balance amongst all major food groups that include fruits and vegetables, beans, legumes, fish, lean meat, and whole grains. Below are the common benefits of healthy meal plans for women:
- Promotes weight management.
- Reduces risks of bone loss and osteoporosis.
- Improves cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, and coronary artery dysfunctions.
- Prevents certain types of cancer such as breast cancer, oral cancer, and cervical cancer; to name a few.
- Improves skin elasticity and hair growth.
- Lowers caloric levels to a minimum.
- Maintains healthy cholesterol levels.
- Improves insulin absorption and glucose levels.
- Enhances bowel movement and avoids constipation.
- Improves kidney functions and prevents gall bladder stone formation.
- Increases iron absorption.
- Improves mood swings, headaches, anxiety or panic attacks, and depression.
Many women turn to dieting for achieving that sexy hourglass figure they want as well as to claim a fair chance to a better way of life. However, there are relatively confusing number of choices for healthy meal plans. Too many fad diets and weight loss supplements can keep you side tracked or lost as to what will work best for your needs. Eternal youth can just be pure imagination gone wild but it can be achieved when you let healthy meal plans tip the odds in your favor and get you on the right track to a long and healthy way of life.
Felix Ankersen is a health and fitness enthusiast as well as an author for //www.ratingdietplans.com/. His research and writing focus mainly on diet programs and healthy weight loss plans.